Dipl.-Ing. Etta Dannemann
- Founder of Studio Dannemann, Berlin, 2015
- Lighting Designer for Research project with MIT Architecture and Matter Design, Boston, USA, 2015
- Lighting Designer in Residence @Philips Color Kinetics, Burlington, MA, USA, 2014-2015
- Lighting Designer @studiodinnebier, Berlin, 2010-2014
- Freelance Architectural Visualization Specialist @Bünck&Fehse, Berlin, 2009
- Freelance Exhibition Designer for the Venice Biennale @Raumtaktik, Berlin, 2008
- Dipl.-Ing. Architecture TU Berlin 2007
- Architectural Studies TU Kaiserslautern 2003
- Communication Trainer ARTOP/HU Berlin 2018
My background is in architecture, urbanism, lighting design and product design, and I enjoy dedicating myself to projects where all these aspects come together. I’m skilled at investigating the relationship between people with their spatial environment, whether it be on an urban scale or in relation to a specific product.
For five years I worked as an architectural lighting designer at studio dinnebier in Berlin, which specializes in lighting design and product design. I subsequently spent nine months as a Lighting Designer in Residence in the R&D department at Philips Color Kinetics near Boston, USA. Today I use my unique approach to lighting design to assist engineers, designers and researchers involved in lighting-related projects.
I studied architecture at two universities in Germany, worked in architectural offices and wrote a thesis on the human customization of facades and how they influence the ambience in inspiring streets. The relationship between technology, design and social innovation provides ongoing inspiration for my work.